Things to do in Philadelphia
You'll find plenty to do in Philadelphia during your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia Northeast. Explore our favorites below, including historic Philadelphia, Sesame Place, and the PARX Casino.
- Sesame Place - If you're looking for a family-friendly place to spend the day, look no further than Sesame Place. Hang out at Elmo's World where everyone will be tickled pink. Get wet and wild on one of many splash-filled water rides. Test your climbing skills at big, blue Cookie Mountain.
- Franklin Mills Mall - Hundreds of stores await your arrival at Franklin Mills Mall in Northeast Philadelphia. Save big at big-name outlets, including Banana Republic Factory Store, Levis Factory Store, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Last Call Neiman Marcus, and Gymboree Outlet.
- Please Touch Museum - Discover six interactive exhibits at Please Touch Museum, which covers 38,000 square feet. City Capers features buildings from Philadelphia's skyline, plus a construction zone and medical center while Rainforest Rhythm is home to a tree house where kids can explore music from around the world.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art - More than 225,000 objects can be enjoyed at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Delight in everything from the second largest collection of medieval arms and armor in the United States to Asian works of art that date back to the third millennium B.C. Prints, drawings, and photographs round out this well-rounded museum whose front steps were made famous in the movie "Rocky."
- PARX Casino - Based in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, PARX Casino invites you to try your luck at more than 3,500 slot machines. Or perhaps table games are more your thing. Choose from blackjack, roulette, three-card poker, craps, and midi-baccarat. What's more, PARX Casino features live thoroughbred racing.
- Historic Philadelphia - American history comes to life in downtown Philadelphia. Explore Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. Then stop by the Historic Philadelphia Center where you can purchase tickets for tours to popular spots such as Franklin Square, Betsy Ross House, and Lights of Liberty.
- Adventure Aquarium - Formerly known as the New Jersey State Aquarium, Adventure Aquarium is chock full of hands-on aquatic exhibits. Check out everything from Seal Shores, Penguin Island, and Touch-A-Shark to Interactive Inlet, Rainforest Rendezvous, and Feather Ridge.
- The Peddler's Village - Take a trip back in time by visiting Peddler's Village in Bucks County. This family-friendly destination is comprised of colonial-style buildings, picturesque gardens, unique shops, and classic restaurants. And don't forget to leave room in your schedule for Giggleberry Fair.
- USS New Jersey - Once commanded by Admiral Halsey, the USS New Jersey is America's most decorated battleship. Tour this museum and you'll get an up-close-and-personal look at prized artifacts, plus you'll be able to stretch out on the bunks where actual sailors once slept and climb into the gun turret to see how projectiles were loaded.